David Orms, Associate Attorney, joined Polson Intellectual Property Law in 2014. Primarily, Mr. Orms advises clients on intellectual property matters regarding trademarks and copyrights, with a focus on trademarks—both standard character word marks and special character design marks, such as logos. Throughout the process, Mr. Orms aims to work closely with clients to help protect their brands and develop strategies to ensure successful outcomes, realizing client goals.
Mr. Orms also carries diverse experience in criminal defense law. Prior to allying with Polson IP Law, Mr. Orms dedicated his time and energy to maintaining a private practice. For over six years, The Law Office of David Orms, LLC provided services in criminal law and family law to clients in Colorado.
While acquiring his Juris Doctor, Mr. Orms interned for one year with the District Attorney’s office in two different judicial districts in Colorado, the 17th Judicial District and the 13th Judicial District.
Mr. Orms has also proudly served in the United States Army as an Infantry Sergeant. In Germany, his role was team leader of an infantry squad, providing anti-terrorist support for Operation Desert Storm.
Mr. Orms is currently a member of the Colorado Bar Association; the Adams County Bar Association (COBAR); the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA); and, the International Trademark Association (INTA)
Legal Areas of Emphasis
Technical Areas of Emphasis
- Information Technology and computers
- University of Colorado-Boulder, Juris Doctorate 2008
- Westwood College Denver-North, Graduate Certificate, IT Professional 2000
- Metropolitan State University of Denver, BA History 1995
Mr. Orms is admitted to practice in the State of Colorado. He is a member of the Colorado Bar Association.
- Admitted to practice law in the State of Colorado 2008
- Colorado Bar Association (CBA), Intellectual Property Section
- Adams/Broomfield County Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Colorado Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
United States Army- 1986-1989 and 1991
- Infantry Sergeant
- Team leader
- Anti-terrorist support in Germany for Operation Desert Storm