Patent Attorney Chris Sylvain has been part of the team at Polson Intellectual Property Law since 2015. With a specialty in patents, he aids in the preparation and prosecution of applications (domestic and international) as well as in infringement and validity analysis. Chris offers hands-on legal experience across a wide spectrum of trademark matters, too. Always client-centered, he works toward cultivating an intellectual property strategy that augments value, weighing individual business needs.
Previous to joining Polson IP Law, Chris gained notable recognition as an elected board member of the Colorado Law Review while in law school. In addition to this achievement, Chris participated in the Entrepreneurial Law Clinic, focusing on transactional work and providing legal services to start-up businesses. Likewise, Chris dedicated his summers to serving underrepresented clients in civil rights cases and to clerking for the Honorable Jeffrey R. Pilkington in Colorado’s 1st Judicial District.
Chris has been admitted to practice law in the State of Colorado and holds membership in the Colorado Bar Association; the American Intellectual Property Law Association; and the Colorado Intellectual Property Inn of Court.
- J. D., Entrepreneurial Law & Public Service Certificates, University of Colorado, 2016
- B. S., Biomedical Science, Minor in Political Science, summa cum laude, University at Buffalo, 2011
- State of Colorado, 2016
- American Bar Association (ABA), Intellectual Property Section
- Colorado Bar Association (CBA), Intellectual Property Section
- Adams/Broomfield County Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Colorado Intellectual Property American Inn of Court